Saturday, November 1, 2008

mmmmmmmmmmm new recipe

Now here's a recipe from the old wartime that looks just delicious! I think I'll try it out tomorrow morning for breakfast.

CASSEROLE OF CODFISH, PIMENTO AND CORNMEAL MUSH

1 lb. codfish

cup pimento

1 cup cornmeal

2 cups tomatoes, juice and pulp

2 teaspoons salt

teaspoon cayenne

3 cups boiling water

Mix cornmeal with one-half cup of cold water. Add to the boiling water. Boil five minutes. In greased baking dish place fish which has been soaked over night. Place pimento on fish. Place cornmeal on pimento. To tomatoes add seasonings and pour over all. Bake slowly 45 minutes.


LOL! Is there such thing as November fools?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm glad I read to the end. The whole time I was thinking, "Please let this be sarcastic!" LOL